Licensed to carry up to 4 people the Smartliner 17 is perfect for family or friends! Enjoy and explore the Harbour for a day aboard this self-drive motorboat.
All boats have a fishfinder, stereo, a fishing license and safety equipment. Ice and bait is available at Rose Bay.
Skippers need to have boating experience but do not need a boat license. If you would like a boat license then EastSail offers a one day NSW Motor Boat License course
Capacity – licensed for 4 people (self-drive)
Day time use only.
Fishing license and safety equipment
Ice and bait is available at Rose Bay
STANDARD CHARTER RATES
Valid to March 2020
No license required. Daytime use only.
Rates include Fuel, Fishing License and GST
4 hour – $330
6 hour – $440
8 hour – $560
4-hour hires are only available on mornings or afternoons
Skippered Cruises (3 + skipper)
1 hour– $200
2 hours– $400
3 hour – $600
4 hour – $710
6 hour – $1,150
Security Bond – $1,100
Skipper/Fishing guide – $95 per hour
Fishing Kit – 2 rods
Bait & Tackle – $45
Ice – $6 a bag
Rescue Fee – 250
Diving Fee – $150
SMARTLINER 17 SELF DRIVE HIRE REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SELF DRIVE BOAT HIRE
Security Bond Conditions: The Hirer shall pay the Security Bond as a preauthorization / payment on credit card, Debit Card or Cash prior to the Start Date. The Hirer hereby agrees that he shall be held full responsible for any and all loss of or damage to the hire boat or equipment or motor or to others affected. The Hirer shall not operate the boat in a negligent manner nor navigate into prohibited or uninsured areas of Sydney Harbour. If the Hirer has caused damaged or loss this bond will be banked immediately and quotations sourced to rectify such damages and losses. In the absence of damage or loss, the Security Bond will be refunded within 2 business days.
Postponement and Weather Considerations: The Hirer shall pay the Total Fee prior to secure this booking. There are no refunds available to the Hirer due to weather or other reasons.
Any Postponements to the Hire approved by selfdriveboathire (normally due to severe weather – winds over 30 knots) may incur a $120 surcharge paid by the Hirer.
Hirer and Skippers Obligations: The Hirer agrees that the Skipper shall not exceed the prescribed alcohol limit of 0.5% at any time during the Hire Rental Period and observe the conditions shown on the Briefing Document. The Skipper shall be available for a Safety and Equipment Briefing prior to the Start Time and be asked to sign the Briefing Sheet upon completion.
- Navigating beyond boundaries vessel is not covered by insurance policy.
- Max.persons (note child or baby counts as a person);Arvor 23 (7), Arvor 20 (8),Smartliner 17 (4).
- No blacksoled shoes – damages fibre glass.
- No cooking allowed-fire hazard (except Arvor 23).
- No scuba diving off vessel.
- No towing other vessels or persons.
- Recovery cost of $250 for rescue.
- Drive at walking speed inside bays and speed restricted areas.
- All persons inside cockpit when boat in motion.
- No bow riding, no persons on roof/ marlin board.
- No docking on fixed wharves – eg. Shark/Clark island.
- No mooring alongside other boats or structures.
- Vessels draft – 2 metres. Do not beach the boat.
CHARTER CONDITIONS LIMITS
- Northwards and Eastwards to beyond Watsons Bay and Georges Head ( the white lighthouses); West past Gladesville Bridge or Lane Cove River boundary; Into Circular Quay.
- Arvor 23 permitted to travel to Manly and Middle Harbour (licensed drivers only)
Parking can be difficult around the water front of the vessel collection area at Rushcutters Bay. Generally in the surrounding streets one side of the road offers unrestricted parking and the other side is limited to 2 hours. Please check parking signs before leaving your car. There are two parking stations located in New McLean St, Edgecliff.
Comfortable clothing and dressing in layers, a snug fitting cap, sunglasses with safety strap and sunblock are recommended. We have long spray jackets available for use during your charter. Wearing suitable footwear is important. Please ask your guests to wear soft soled, non marking shoes. Hard soled shoes, high heels and black soled shoes can damage or mark the decks. Bare feet and thongs do not give adequate protection.
Children permitted on-board under parent supervision. A child is counted as one passenger
RULES OF THE HARBOUR
- Give way to yachts and ferries.
- When ferries cross ahead go behind them, not in front.
- If any vessel is overtaking you hold your course if possible.
- Avoid collision at all times. Keep clear of shipping lanes.
- Keep clear of vessels with divers flag
OTHER INFORMATION WILL BE RELAYED AT THE SKIPPERS BRIEFING ON ARRIVAL
Box and Platter Menu
BOX AND PLATTER MENUS
Individually boxed lunches – Perfect for our racing events. (Min 4 Boxes)
Baguette with a selection of gourmet fillings | House made muffin | Whole fruit $17pp
A baguette & a wrap with a selection of fillings | Dried fruit and quince $28pp
Cheese & water crackers | Chocolate brownie
Roasted carrot & asparagus frittata, aged cheddar, tarragon & mayo (V) $28pp
Quinoa & falafel salad with green tahini dressing V
Yoghurt & gluten free muesli with fresh berries, seasonal fruit